What I am looking for is not out there, it is in me.
-Helen Keller

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Mega-Magazines!

The Possibilities are endless.

We all know the popular titles of the magazines that take up racks of rows in pretty much any store we walk into. From Elle, to Glamour, to Vogue, and Allure, when us fashionista's wrap our fingers around our version of the bible, we know all answers are in this simple manual of a few hundred pages. Our delicate touch, against its glossy finished pages, the image appears to be so serene to the outside person, yet a second angle of view is needed. As us fashionista's open the pages, we begin to soar to cloud nine, and we find our silver lining. Our brains leap into a time warp that can only be interrupted by the close of it. The advertisements, the colors, the articles with their bold and vibrant colored headings are so appealing to the human eye, one can only wonder how much dedication and creativity she needs in order to but a master piece this intricate together. The pages begin to pop out, and an ocean of ingenuity is formed.
The recent inquiry that I've been struggling to determine for myself has taken a plague inside my head that began multiplying, only to cease as soon as I picked up a magazine. Looking at the credits, it dawned on me, that yes, fashion could be my life, but not in the way that most people understand it to be. It's not all about designers and labels, but about the advertisements that make the designers look their best. From head to toe in clothes, accessories, and make-up, everything has to be taken into account when wanting to convey the best attributes something has to offer. The next editor in Chief of her Own Magazine, will be me. Fashionista's, it's time to take the reins of life, and take a leap, to make a mark in history. It's not about the clothes on your person, but the person inside the clothes.





Pictures are timeless memorabilia.



Words are nothing, if they're not backed up by passion.



"I realize that I am the voice, for those who are too shy or too quiet to project their own.
I am one person with a big dream, I am one person striving to make her mark.
I am the one who believes, the one who aspires, the one with determination.
I'm also the one who realizes that I can't do it alone."


2 comments:

  1. your blog has a super cute look! Thanks so much for following mine!
    <3
    Marine / another fucking fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  2. we work at a mag and it's amazing, so interesting to see how all the eds got to where they are! Great blog, definitely be back! Come follow TBAG if you fancy.

    Happy Monday! x

    ReplyDelete