What I am looking for is not out there, it is in me.
-Helen Keller

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Time to Make Things Fierce



As we explore fashion, we explore the different trends that come into style, the trends that move their way out of style, and the classic looks that never fade away. Something that's fierce and catches everyones attention is the animal prints. From prom to a day out on the beach, zebra, cheetahs, and giraffe prints are being acknowledged as a new "old" fashion trend. These prints go in and out of style with every generation that's born, and every new trend invented, but animal prints seem to be one of the many fluctuating trends. An infamous trend that have girls saving up their paychecks just for a new item are cheetah prints. The cheetah prints have evolved, and now they've targeting bags, shoes, napkins, scarves, headbands, etc, etc. Cheetah prints have been taking over a wide variety of merchandise. 
Luckily, strutting down the mall's pathways, I noticed a beautiful, different looking dress on a mannequin display. The only one of my size, was the size they had, and it was a perfect fit. I decided that it was time to evolve and get myself a cheetah print that didn't involve being advertised on the inside of a shoe. This dress wasn't too wild, but wasn't too subtle. It gave that "WOW" impression, especially pairing it off with these beige, peep-toed heels. 
I definitely felt fierce walking into class, ready to handle my assignments, and sink into reality. 











XOXO Dress
BCBG Peep-Toed Heels
Mothers Roman style bracelet
Mothers Dangling Earrings

7 comments:

  1. hey,I found your comment today!I will follow you and I wish you a lot of luck for your blog.
    I started two months ago,too.
    I like the dress you're wearing!where do you come from?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm coming from germany from a small town.
    not that interesting like new york :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alex, I'm finally a follower!!! Yahooo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Alex,

    Your such a smart girl and I'm proud of you.
    Always go for your dream and never let anyone
    stop you. I'll be following you and you can follow
    me. I write for a blog called BeingLatino. You can go to www.beinglatino.wordpress.com and just scroll down to read mine weekly blog.

    ReplyDelete