What I am looking for is not out there, it is in me.
-Helen Keller

Sunday, June 27, 2010

To Be or Not to Be


"What should I study when I enter college," is the question that's been haunting my very thoughts ever since I stepped into High School. As my senior year draws closer, I need to start fully thinking about my talents and what I envision myself doing 20 years from now. 
At first, I was completely irrational and just wanted to head to New York and take life as it gets handed to me, but to be honest, that's not the rational choice. Florida has been my temporary home for years now, and three more years will give me the experience to create a portfolio, improve my drawing/ sketching skills, and take more courses in colors, lighting, sewing, etc. 
You've guys probably guessed it, I would love to be a fashion designer, preferably with my own label. I'm one of those girls that know I want to do more then one thing. I'm a girl that enjoys multitasking. I'm a girl that takes stress and changes it into time well spent creating a master piece. I'm one of those girls that has big aspirations and when my heart is set on it, I'm not easily able to give up. 
Fashion designing would be my dream job, and I'm starting early (according to most people). 
These books are at the top of my list to get ahead in life, and they provide insight on how to enhance my techniques as well as how to build and create my own style. 
In addition to the books I'm displaying here, I'm also displaying some of my drawings as well as a recent assignment that I worked on last semester in my photo class. 
Enjoy! 












































3 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! I am very proud of you! You can be anything you want to be. I'm your biggest fan and will love you forever! <3. "MoM"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck sugar, I love your drawings and I like people who know what they want and fight for their dreams.
    Stop by http://memyselfandshoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete